Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Evil Nurses and the Impending Zombie Apocalypse

    Hello world, this is Angry Tofu speaking. I'm sure many of you know this already, but in case you don't, I am a high school student. This means I have to deal with things like homework, grades, and large amounts of teenage angst all crammed into one building. It's a dangerous environment, I assure you.
     Unfortunately, today I was/am sick. No one seems to believe me. Fevers are not the only symptom of illness, people! Anyway, despite my discomfort I went to school. Around lunchtime I decided I was going to blow this popsicle stand for several reasons, the most pressing of them being that I was feeling truly miserable. Head pounding, overwhelming fatigue and random waves of nauseousness kind of miserable. I payed a visit to the nurse. I told her I was not feeling well.
    "What's wrong?" she asked.
     "A headache, mostly," I said. "I've had it since yesterday. And I'm nauseous too. If it makes a difference my stepmom's been pretty sick recently."
      "Ah," she replied, with that sort of understanding look on her face that means you are about to go home. "It must be allergies."
     Then she moved on to her next patient.
      What? Double-take taken. She didn't even take my temperature. I could have some crazy zombie disease for all she knows! In fact, if I have a strange mutant virus that causes me to die and reanimate as a deranged, brain-craving weirdo that infects the entire human population, that is entirely her fault. She must hate humanity! Sociopath! She has no right to be working in a job with innocent, impressionable youth! We must fire her instantly before she attempts to derail the entire American way of life. At least that is what I would say to the principal...if I weren't dying of a zombie disease right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment