Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The girl with the worst birthday

   Hello world, this is Angry Tofu speaking. Today, September 11th, is my birthday. Yes, you read this correctly--I have the worst birthday of anyone in the United States. If you don't know why my birthday is the worst birthday ever, then I absolutely will not tell you because you are clearly an evil slug who lives under a box of cereal. Period.
   Oh wait, that's not true. You might be reading this from Russia (yes, I know about you Russian readers, thanks so much for visiting!), in which case it might not jump instantly to mind that today is the eleventh anniversary of the attack on the World Trade Center, in which about 2,000 people lost their lives. Just thinking about the sheer number of people killed in a set of planned incidents on one day, suddenly and without time to ever say goodbye to the ones they love, is horrifying. I doubt our country will ever forget the shock and sadness of that day.
   So, as I'm sure you can see, it feels a bit sickening to be celebrating on the anniversary of one of the worst days in our country's history. Although I did come first. But as much as I would like to lay claim to this day and ignore all of the sadness which inevitably follows it, I know that I could not be okay with that sort of flippancy.
   Here I am, fifteen years old, and despite all the bad things that come with my birthday, I am still happy to be here. And I hope that I will be blogging to (at :P) all of you for many more years to come. Cheers!


                       
                                             Completely unrelated Totoro

No comments:

Post a Comment